OUR INAUGURAL EVENT IN JUNE 2016 DURING
"PEOPLING THE PALACE" FESTIVAL, ART ONE BUILDING, MILE END
The speakers of the event:
- Aoife Monks (School of English and Drama) - Introduction of the roundtable and discussion;
- Tim Brown (Geography) - The history of the sewage in east London;
- 3- Jane Willis (Geography)- The living wage and the impact its socio-economical impact;
- 4- Matt Ingleby (School of English and Drama) - Charles Dickens’s London;
- 5- Qasim Aziz (School of Medicine and Dentistry) -The gut-brain axis in health and disease;
- 6- Fulvio D’Acquisito (School of Medicine and Dentistry)- the future of ’shit’ in research.
- 7- Joe Townsend (Trinity Laban conservatoire of Music and Dance) - playing 2 short pieces on the violin: one loved, but considered to be shit by many and another which is a short improvisation.
- "Themed cupcakes" (shit cakes) and toilet roll feedback form designed by Michael Czerwinski